Case Study: Cottingham High School
Cottingham High School needed a specialist fencing contactor to manage and deliver a range of works to the main school site.
Over the past 10 years the fencing and security on the perimeter of the site had become worn and unsecure for both keeping students within the school area and more importantly to ensure a secure environment for students from any potential dangers from outside the school site.
Finding contractors to supply and fit the works required a lengthy quotation process, the school had the challenge of selecting a suitable applicant which possessed the necessary skills required for the contract such as:
- Experience - Adequate experience working with schools and knowledge of the security needs and relevant CRB checks related with working with schools.
- Equipment - The successful bidder needed the equipment and staffing to deal with hedge clearance and flalling back vegetation and trees on the fence lines.
- Capacity - Capacity and proven track record for delivering contracts to specified time tables.
- Quality Assurance - Specialist contractors with relevant procedures in place to assure quality of services along with a proven track record of delivery.
- Competitive Pricing - Contactors who can supply a quotation that is highly competitive to stay within the schools alotted budget.
TFS were selected by Cottingham High School as the preferred supplier for the works over 2 other competitors bidding for the same contract. The contract for the work included approximately 400m of perimeter steel palisade, triple pronged security fencing. The fencing provided gave a high level of security needed for the students and stayed within the budgets given for the works.
Due to the long 10 year period of little to no maintenance on the schools perimeter it meant that the team of skilled fencers from TFS had to remove old fencing and vegetation from the existing fence line and dispose of it. As TFS have partnered with Biowise it means the excess vegetation can be used to act as a soaking agent in the recycling of council waste allowing an innovative and environmentally friendly alternative to waste disposal.
All the steel products were galvanized and finished with green RAL-6005 powder coating, as well as being inspected for any sharp edges, gaps, loose fittings etc that could potentially be hazardous to school pupils. All steel products were also finished in the green powder coating to ensure they fit in with the schools surroundings and did not look intimidating despite providing a high level of security for students.
Furthermore TFS supplied the most competitive bid to carry out the works and have experience through working with over 14 schools around the North East of England:
- Stafford Street Primary School
- Lemontree Nursery
- Parkstone Primary School
- Ainthorpe Primary School
- Dunswell School
- St Mary’s School
- St John Fisher School
- Sutton Park Primary School
- Hull Collegiate
- Sidmouth School
- Wold Road Primary School
- Bridlington High School
- Newland School for Girls
- Access to skilled and experienced professionals, to assist with planning and installation
- Competitive rate to match school budget
- Quality controlled work standards maintained over course of contract and inspected along with school principal on regular intervals
- Highly skilled and mobile workforce on hand at all times
- Strong relationship built between TFS and Sutton Park Primary
- A personal approach offering flexible, innovative and adaptable works to suit the needs of the school
- Experience with over 14 schools in providing high security and aesthetically appealing fencing.