TFS are committed to providing high quality services to all clients. All of our material suppliers are ISO 9001 accredited and this is something we are working towards ourselves. Please find below the companies quality assurance policy statement, please contact us for further information, or a full policy.
TFS - Quality Assurance Policy Statement
TFS quality assurance policy is to achieve sustained, profitable growth by providing products and services, which consistently satisfy and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers.
This level of quality is achieved through the adoption of a system of procedures that reflect the competence of the Company to existing customers, potential customers, and independent auditing authorities.
Achievement of this policy involves all staff, who are individually responsible for the quality of their work, resulting in a continually improving working environment for all. This policy is provided and explained to each employee by the Managing Director or Service Manager to help achieve and maintain the required level of quality assurance.
The Managing Director retains responsibility for the Quality System with routine operation controlled by the Quality Manager.
The objectives of our Quality Assurance Policy are:
- To recognise quality as fundamental to the well being of our business
- Set, monitor and review our quality objectives regularly at annual management board meetings
- Train our staff that they are encouraged to contribute to our Quality Objectives, and provide them with information that they can see our progress
- To maintain an effective Quality Assurance System and work towards the standard BS EN ISO 9001.
- To achieve and maintain a level of quality which enhances the Company's reputation with customers.
- To ensure compliance with relevant statutory and safety requirements outlined in the H&S policy.
- To endeavor, at all times, to maximize customer satisfaction with the services provided by TFS.
The achievement of this policy will be gained by following the stringent procedures laid out in the quality assurance procedures report.